Banana Flower Salad with Chicken recipe
(Nộm Hoa Chuối Thịt Gà) - Banana Flower Salad with Chicken comes from many delicious Vietnamese Cuisine will be my choice today. It is the great combination between banana flower, chicken and roasted peanut.
- 300g banana flower
- 400g chicken meat (use the breast or chicken thigh)
- Salt, sugar, vinegar, fish sauce, lime
- Roasted peanut (smashed quickly)
- Basil leaves
- Clean well chicken meat, put into pot with water and ½ teaspoon salt, cook about 15 – 20 minutes and turn off the heat. You can set up time for cooking depending on its size.
- Peel off the harsh part of banana flower, slice small and soak into cold water added a little vinegar or lime juice to make sure it will not be turned black.
- Grind well garlic, chili and mix with 2 tablespoons sugar, 2 tablespoons fish sauce, stir gently. Next, add some drops of lime juice or vinegar and taste to suit your flavor.
- Use hand to tear small chicken meat, mix with banana flower and then pour sauce in step 3 into mixture salad, taste again to suit your flavor.
- Before eating, add more roasted peanut and basil leaves on top. As I told you above, you can use Banana Flower Salad with Chicken with fried shrimp crackers.