Beef Meat Soup with Vegetables (Sup Bo)
(Súp Bò) - Beef Meat Soup with Vegetables. Despite the taste of leeks, the soup still has a sweet taste and beautiful colours due to the combination of beef meat & other vegetables.
- 500 – 600g of beef meat (you can choose beef hindshank, tail or rib)
- 2 potatoes, 2 carrots, 1 branch of leek
- Salt, sugar alum, pork/chicken broth mix, pepper.
- Boil water with a small spoon of salt; add the beef meat to cook briefly. Then take it out, clean with cold water to wash off the foam and cut the beef meat into square pieces.
- Peel the skin of potatoes and carrots off. Then cut it in square pieces like the beef meat and soak them into water mixed with a little bit of salt for 30 minutes. After that, pour it all out and let it dry.
- Wash the leek and cut it into small pieces.
- Boil 2.5 litres of water, add the beef meat and cook with high heat. When the water is boiled, you need to turn down the heat to cook the meat softly. Remember to remove the foam so the soup will be clear. Add 2 small spoons of salt, 1 spoon of pork/chicken broth mix and 2 spoons of sugar alum.
- When the meat is cooked, add the carrots into the stove and cook for 5 minutes. Next, add the potatoes and cook for another 6 minutes then add the leek in and cook for 2 minutes. You can adjust the soup with some spices as you like.
- Serve Beef Meat Soup with Vegetables with a little bit of pepper sprinkled on the surface of the soup is a good decision.