Braised Chicken with Taro
(Gà Kho Khoai Môn) - Braised Chicken with Taro is the dish I choose to cook today from many amazing Vietnamese Cuisine of my mommy.
This combination between chicken and taro will create a fantastic flavor for your meal. Let us start cooking now.
- 500g chicken meat (you can use thighs or breast)
- ½ taro (300g)
- 1 ginger
- Salt, brown sugar, fish sauce, pepper, dried purple onion
- 1 teaspoon sugar syrup.
- Clean chicken meat, slice into small cubes, marinate with 1 teaspoon salt, a little pepper, 1 teaspoon sugar, 1 teaspoon fish sauce, dried purple onion and mix well, wait for 30 minutes.
- Clean and peel off the cover of taro. Peel off the cover of ginger, clean and slice fiber.
- Heat 2 teaspoons oil, fry purple onion until it is fragrant, add sliced chicken and fry gently in 5 minutes.
- Next, add more sliced singar and cover the pot, cook with small heat.
- You can add more water if it is nearly dried. Cook more 20 minutes and add taro into pot.
- Hold the handles of pot and shake gently. Cook in 5 minutes more and add more sugar syrup into pot. Taste again to suit your flavor. When they are soft, turn off the heat and pour on plate.
- Finally, you can serve Braised Chicken with Taro with steamed rice and hot soup for your family. Sprinkle more pepper on top will increase its flavor.