Braised Pork Meat with Prawns
(Heo Rim Tôm) - Braised Pork Meat with Prawns comes from many stunning Vietnamese Cuisine. Serving with boiled rice and hot soup in rainy days is perfect.
- 300g pork meat (half lean half fat pork meat)
- 200g prawns
- Salt, fish sauce, sugar, purple onion, garlic, annatto seed oil, spring onion , pepper
- 1 teaspoon caramel sugar (which for braising fish and meat)
- Clean well pork meat. Slice thinly and marinate with 1 teaspoon salt, 1 teaspoon sugar, a little pepper, sliced purple onion, minced garlic, mix well and wait in 30 minutes.
- Clean well prawns, use knife to slice gently 1 line on their backs, take out the black lines, clean well again and wait to get dry. Marinate with 1 teaspoon sugar, a little pepper, sliced purple onion, minced garlic, mix well and wait in 30 minutes.
- Heat the oil (2 – 3 teaspoons), add sliced purple onion, minced garlic and fry until they are fragrant. Next, add prawns and fry until their color turn pink, pour on clean bowl.
- Use that pan again, add more sliced pork meat and fry in 4 – 7 minutes.
- Then, add fried pork meat into clay pot, add more 1 tablespoon fish sauce, 1 tablespoon sugar; caramel sugar, use chopsticks to stir gently and cook in small heat.
- After 10 minutes, open the lid, and braise more 20 – 25 minutes.
- Season again to suit your flavor, cook more 10 minutes. Do not braise too long because it will make prawns will delicious no more. Turn off the heat.
- Sprinkle more sliced spring onion, pepper on face of food to increase its flavor. Eating Braised Pork Meat with Prawns with boiled rice, boiled vegetables and hot soup is perfect, especially in rainy days.