Braised Pork with Potato
(Thịt Heo Kho Khoai Tây) - Braised Pork with Potato. The combination between pork meat (half lean half fat) with potato is quite strange but really delicious.
- 300gr port meat (half lean half fat part)
- 10 baby potatoes
- Spices for braising: salt, sugar, fish sauce, pepper.
- Coconut juice, spring onion, purple onion, annatto seeds oil.
- Clean carefully pork meat in 2 – 3 times. Slice into small pieces. Marinate with a little salt, 1 teaspoon sugar, a little pepper. Wait in 1 hour.
- Peel off the cover of potatoes. Clean and soak into water added a little salt in 15 minutes. Next, clean again.
- Heat the annatto seeds oil (2 – 3 teaspoons), add more minced purple onion and fry until it is fragrant. Next, pour sliced pork into pan and fry in 4 – 5 minutes.
- Add a little fish sauce into pot, cook in large heat until it boils. Reduce the heat and cook in 5 – 8 minutes. Then, add more potatoes and cook.
- Cook in small heat, pour coconut juice to cover all face of pork meat and potatoes. Continue to cook in 20 – 30 minutes.
- Cook until coconut juice is nearly absorbed into pork meat and potatoes, season again to suit your flavor and turn off the heat.
- Now, your dish is finished. Sprinkle a little sliced spring onion and pepper on face of Braised Pork with Potato.