Duck Porridge and Salad (Chao Goi Vit)
(Cháo Gỏi Vịt) - Duck Porridge and Salad. In winter days, this dish can help you feel warmer inside. It is such a good choice for your family meals.
Duck Porridge and Salad is the best combination between duck porridge and salad. With one ingredient, you can create 2 main meals for your family.
- 1 whole duck
- 2 cups sticky rice, cleaned and soaked into cold water about 1 – 2 hours.
- 8 liters water
- 2 cans of chicken broth
- 2 onions (1 grilled and 1 sliced small)
- 1 bunch scallion, cleaned and sliced small
- 1 bunch Vietnamese mint, cleaned and sliced small
- 1 bunch coriander, cleaned and sliced small
- 2 – 3 cloves garlic, peeled and minced
- 3 – 4 slices ginger
- 6 – 8 cloves purple onion, peeled and sliced small
- 1 cabbage (medium size), sliced thinly, soaked into water added about 5 – 10 minutes, cleaned
- Spices: salt, pepper, sugar, fish sauce, chili
- Chopstick cakes (Quẩy), sliced into medium pieces – Buy at Vietnamese/Chinese Markets.
- Clean carefully duck with water added a little salt in 2 – 3 times.
- Boil 7 liters water, next add duck + ginger + grilled onion into pot. Cook with medium heat in 15 – 20 minutes.
- When waiting duck is boiled, use another pan, add oil and wait to hot, add minced garlic and fry until it is fragrant. Then, pour sticky rice to roast about 10 – 15 minutes.
- Making Duck Porridge: When duck is boiled, take it out, wait to cold. Take ginger and grilled onion out as well. Then, pour sticky rice into pot + 2 cans chicken broth and cook until sticky rice is soft. Season the suit your flavor. Next, fry sliced purple onion + 2 tablespoons until it turns color and pour into pot. Sprinkle a little pepper to increase its flavor.
- Making Duck Salad: When boiled duck gets cold, tear small, do not use skin and bone. Mix duck meat + sliced cabbage + sliced Vietnamese Mint + sliced onion + coriander together.
- Making dipping sauce: Mix 2 tablespoons fish sauce + 1 teaspoon pepper + 3 teaspoons sugar + 3 teaspoons lemon juice + minced chili and garlic together. Next, you season to suit your flavor. It is required a little sweet and sour to create a stunning salad. Mix 2/3 this dipping sauce with mixture.
- When using, scoop porridge on bowl, add duck salad + chopstick cake and sprinkle a little pepper + sliced scallion on Duck Porridge and Salad.