Fried Cassava Vermicelli with Eel Recipe
(Miến Xào Lươn) - Fried Cassava Vermicelli with Eel is the great combination between cassava vermicelli, eel and many vegetables.
- 300gr Eel
- 1 cup of Cassava Vermicelli – Buy at Vietnamese Markets
- 1 – 2 brands lemongrass, cleaned and minced
- 2 – 3 Jelly’s ear mushrooms
- Spices: chili, salt, maggi’s stuff, sugar, pepper
- 1 teaspoon curry flour
- 1 – 2 tablespoons coconut syrup
- Scallion, purple onion, saw leaf herb
- 5gr Coriander, cleaned and sliced small
- Rice pancakes, grilled (Bánh Đa) – Buy at Vietnamese Markets.
- Clean eel carefully, weed out all innards. But eel on basket, add more salt, use your hands to scrape eel to reduce all slimy. Next, chop into sort sections. Wait to dry.
- Pour eel on bowl, add curry flour + 1 teaspoon salt + pepper + sliced purple onion, and mix together. Wait about 30 – 45 minutes.
- Soak cassava vermicelli in hot water about 5 – 7 minutes. Next, use scissors cut them shortly. Then, wash again in cold water.
- Soak Jelly’s ear mushrooms into cold water about 5 – 7 minutes. Cut off the root and slice thinly.
- Peel off the cover of purple onion, slice small. Clean scallion, chili and saw leaf herb, slice small.
- Put pan on cooking stove, add 2 teaspoons oil, wait to hot, add more purple onion + lemongrass + chili and fry until it is fragrant.
- Add eel on pan, fry about 2 – 3 minutes. Pour 1 – 2 tablespoons coconut syrup and cover the pan. Cook until it boils. Please remember use the small heat in this step. Next, add more sliced Jelly’s ear mushroom and fry about 3 – 5 minutes more, season again to suit your flavor.
- Next, add more cassava vermicelli into pan, fry well about 3 – 4 minutes. Turn off the heat.
- After turn off the heat, add more sliced scallion + saw leaf herb and mix well. Pour on plate; using when Fried Cassava Vermicelli with Eel is hot more perfect.