Green Gourd Soup with Fresh Prawns Recipe
(Canh Bí Đao Tôm Tươi) - From many Vietnamese Cuisine. Green Gourd Soup with Fresh Prawns is really suitable in hot days, especially when summer is coming soon.
The natural sweetness from prawns will create a fantastic flavor for your soup broth.
- 500 – 600g green gourd
- 10 prawns (medium size)
- 500ml pork broth or chicken broth
Magi’s stuff, fish sauce, coriander, spring onion
- Peel off the cover of green gourd. Clean and cut in half. Next, continue to cut in quarter. Cut off the seeds and then slice into thick pieces like photo below.
- Peel off the cover of prawns, spread a little salt around them and clean well. Smash them quickly and marinate with a little spices.
- Boil the pork/chicken broth with medium heat, season to suit your flavor and add more smashed prawns into pot. Cook until it is cooked and add sliced green gourd. Cook until it boils again, turn off the heat.
- Continue to cook green gourd after turn off the heat. Do not cover the pot. If you cook too long, green gourd is not delicious no more. You should season with a little fish sauce.
- Before serving, sprinkle more sliced coriander, spring onion and pepper on face of Green Gourd Soup with Fresh Prawns to increase its flavor.