Mixture Squid Salad (Nam Muc Thap Cam)
(Nộm Mực Thập Cẩm) - Mixture Squid Salad which comes from many delicious Vietnamese Cuisine can help you change the flavor.
Mixture Squid Salad is the great combination between Dried Tiến Vua Spinach Water (Rau Tiến Vua), carrot, lotus stem and the sour from lemon juice, spicy from chili.
- 300g baby squid
- 100g dried Tiến Vua spinach water – You should find this ingredient at Chinese or Vietnamese Markets
- 200g sweet and sour lotus stem – buy at Vietnamese markets
- 1 small carrot
- Fish sauce, chili, sugar, lemon/vinegar, salt
- Coriander, basil leaves, Vietnamese mint
- 1 clove of ginger
- Dried glutinous shrimp cake – Buy at Chinese or Vietnamese Markets.
- Clean squid in warm water added a little salt in 2 – 3 times. Clean again in fresh water and wait to get dry.
- Pour squid into pot with sliced ginger. Cover the pot and cook in 3 – 4 minutes with medium heat. Do not cook too long because squid meat will not good. Pour on plate.
- Soak dried Tiến Vua spinach water in warm water in 30 minutes. Clean 3 – 4 times and slice into short pieces. Next, soak them into warm water added a little vinegar + sugar + salt. Wait for 1 night.
- Clean lotus stem. Use your hand to tear into fiber. Mix them with 1 teaspoon salt + 1teaspoon sugar + 1 teaspoon vinegar and wait in 30 minutes. Then, use your hand to press out water. Clean coriander, Vietnamese mint and basil, slice small.
- Clean carrot, peel off the cover; slice into long and thin pieces. Mix with ½ teaspoon salt and wait in 15 minutes. Next, use your hand and press out water.
- Making sauce: mince chili and garlic. Mix 2 tablespoons fish sauce + 2 tablespoons sugar together. Add more minced garlic, chili; lemon juice or vinegar then season again to suit your flavor. This sauce requires having a little sweet and sour.
- Press out water from dried Tiến Vua spinach water after one night.
- Mix all squid and vegetables together. Pour the sauce, basil, coriander, Vietnamese mint into this mixture. Mix well. Season again to suit your flavor and your dish is finished.
- Mixture Squid Salad is more delicious when you sprinkle a little roasted peanut on face before eating. Serving with dried glutinous shrimp cake is a great choice.