Pickled Vegetables Soup with Beef Recipe
(Canh cải chua thịt bò) - Pickled Vegetables Soup with Beef is one of the most favourite dishes from many Vietnamese Cuisine.
In the summer, people are afraid of eating something cooked with too much oil or fried stuff, hence, soup seems to be the best choice.
- 300g of beef
- 1 bowl of pickled vegetables (Dưa Cải) - Buy at Vietnamese Markets
- 1 – 2 tomatoes
- Dried onions, salt, fish sauce & pork/chicken broth mix.
- Wash the pickled vegetables many times so that the vegetables would not be too salty and too sour. Cut it into small pieces and let it dry.
- Wash the tomatoes, cut it into 6 equal pieces for each.
- Wash the beef, put it into the fridge for about 30 – 45 minutes. Then, take it out and slice it.
- Pour the cold water until the water level is over the beef surface, cook with small heat.
- Cook the beef in 20 minutes, then add the pickled vegetables and cook for another 5 minutes.
- Use another small stove. Heat up with 2 small spoons of cooking oil, fry the onions, then add the tomatoes in and stir fry them. You can add a little bit of salt to make the tomato cooked more quickly.
- Add the tomatoes into the soup, continue to cook for 5 – 10 minutes, adjust with 2 small spoons of fish sauce, ½ spoon of pork/chicken broth mix. Cook till it is boiled; adjust the soup to your taste.
- Pickled Vegetables Soup with Beef is best served with rice and eaten when it is still hot.