Soaked Pork Meat in Vinegar
(Thịt Ba Chỉ Ngâm Giấm) - Soaked Pork Meat in Vinegar originally comes from many stunning Vietnamese Cuisine.
For me Soaked Pork Meat in Vinegar is the great idea for changing your meals on this special holiday with your family and friends.
- 500gr pork meat (half lean half fat)
- Spices: salt, vinegar, sugar, fish sauce
- Chili, garlic
- 1 small ginger
- 10gr coriander seeds, 3 – 4 star anise flowers.
- Slice small ginger (do not peel off the cover). Grill ginger + star anise flowers + coriander seeds until they turn brown yellow and fragrant.
- Next, pour them into paper bag, cover carefully.
- Clean pork meat carefully in water added a little salt. Next, scrape salt around face of pork meat and wait about 15 minutes and clean again.
- Put pork meat into hot water and continue cooking in 3 minutes.
- Roll the meat and use thread to cover firmly.
- Put pork meat again into pot. Add more paper bag (ginger + star anise flower + coriander seeds) + 1 teaspoon salt and cook in 20 – 25 minutes. Then, turn off the heat and use lid to cover the pot.
- Mix 1 tablespoon water with 1 tablespoon sugar. Cook until all suger is melted. Wait to get cold, add more 2 tablespoons vinegar and 1 tablespoon fish sauce. You season until this sauce has sweet and sour flavor.
- After the meat gets cold, put it in glass jar. Then pour the mixture vinegar into as well. Add more some chili and peeled garlic. Wait in 3 – 4 days.
- After that, your dish can serve now. Before serving, use scissors to cut the thread. Next, use knife to slice them into long and thin pieces.
- Using Soaked Pork Meat in Vinegar with vegetables, vermicelli and rice paper is a good choice. Or you also can use with boiled rice and fish sauce added some sliced chili.