Stewed Fresh Tofu with White Radish
(Đậu Phụ Non Om Củ Cải Trắng) - Stewed Fresh Tofu with White Radish which comes from many amazing Vietnamese Cuisine, you only need 45 – 60 minutes.
Eating with boiled rice is usually choice of Vietnamese people. The sweetness from white radish is absorb into tofu and grinded pork will create the great natural sweetness ever.
- 300g fresh tofu
- 1 white radish (150g – 200g)
- 200g grinded pork
- Purple onion, salt, pepper, Maggi’s stuff, fish sauce, coriander, annatto seed oil.
- Peel off the cover of white radish. Clean and slice into cubes.
- Slice gently fresh tofu into small cubes. Be careful when cutting, fresh tofu is easy to break.
- Marinate grinded pork with 1 teaspoon salt, ½ teaspoon Maggi’s stuff, a little pepper. Mix well and wait in 15 minutes.
- Heat the annatto seed oil (2 – 3 teaspoons), add more minced purple onion and fry until it is fragrant. Pour grinded pork into pot and fry quickly in 3 – 5 minutes.
- Next, add more sliced white radish into pot with a little fish sauce. Cover the pan and continue to cook in 15 minutes. Here is the important step to create the sauce for one of stunning Vietnamese Pork Food.
- After that, add more sliced tofu and cook. Shake gently to make sure they are absorbed all spices. Season to suit your flavor and continue to cook from 20 – 25 minutes.
- Before turn off the heat, taste the sauce from this dish again to suit your flavor or not. White radish will create much water when cooking. If you want more sauce, you can cook longer.
- Finally, your dish is ready to serve. Sprinkle sliced coriander on face of Stewed Fresh Tofu with White Radish before eating is the great flavor in your mouth.