Taro Soup with Shrimps Recipe
(Canh Khoai Môn Nấu Tôm) - One of my favorite Vietnamese Cuisine which I have learnt from my talent mommy is Taro Soup with Shrimps.
The specific flavor from taro and sweetness from fresh shrimps are combined will create one of fantastic Vietnamese Cuisine which you cannot deny for eating.
- Some taros
- Fresh shrimps (150g – 200g)
- Long coriander herb leaves
- Salt, pepper, fish sauce, spring onion.
- Clean and peel off the skin of shrimp. Pull out the black lines on their backs. Smash well and marinate a little salt, Maggie seasoning powder, fish sauce, pepper, mix well. You can use young pork chop instead if you cannot shrimp like my boyfriend.
- Peel off the cover of taros, clean and slice into equal 4 pieces. Clean long coriander leaves and spring onion, slice small.
- Heat the oil, add purple onion and fry until it is fragrant. Next, add shrimps into pot and fry quickly in 2 – 3 minutes. Then, pour more 3 – 4 bowls of water plus sliced taro.
- When taro is soft, season with salt, sugar, Maggie seasoning powder to suit your flavor. Turn off the heat and sprinkle more sliced coriander and spring onion plus pepper on top.
- Finally, you can proudly say that you just finished Taro Soup with Shrimps for your family meal.