Braised Fish with Lemongrass and Ginger Recipe
(Cá Kho Gừng Sả) - Vietnamese Fish Recipes, Braised Fish with Lemongrass and Ginger is one of your choices today.
This combination will create a spectacular dish for your family meals. Eating with boiled rice and hot soup is my favorite choice.
- 1 fish (500g) – you can use snakehead fish/catfish/mackerel fish.
- 1 small ginger
- Some lemongrasses
- Chili powder, chili fruits and green chilies
- Fish sauce, sugar, salt, pepper
- Purple onion.
- Slice fish into medium pieces. Clean in water added a little salt in 2 – 3 times. Next, marinate with ½ teaspoon salt and wait in 30 minutes.
- Peel off the cover of ginger, mix it with lemongrass, chili fruits.
- Clean and slice small green chilies.
- Heat the oil (2 – 3 teaspoons), fry sliced fish quickly in 4 – 5 minutes. Then, put on plate added paper napkin.
- Use a small pot, heat the oil with 2 tablespoons; fry minced purple onion until it is fragrant. Next, pour mixture ginger in step 2 and fry in 2 – 3 minutes.
- Then, add one by one fried fish into pot. Pour a little fish sauce, salt, pepper, sugar, cover the pot and cook it. Sometime pour a little hot water into pot to make sure this dish will not be burnt. You should not neglect that always cooking in small heat when braising. After 30 – 45 minutes, add more 2 teaspoons fish sauce, 2 teaspoons sugar and ½ teaspoon salt into pot and season again to suit your flavor.
- Continue cooking with small heat in 15 minutes. Next, add more sliced green chilies and cook until fish is absorb all spices. You can add more chili powder if you love spicy.
- Serving when Vietnamese Fish Recipes, Braised Fish with Lemongrass and Ginger is hot with boiled rice and hot soup is my favorite choice.