Braised Fish with Sour and Spicy Sauce Recipe
(Cá Kho Chua Cay) - Braised Fish with Sour and Spicy Sauce is also my favorite dish for lunch meals.
A little sour from tamarind is combined with spicy from chili and sweet from fish will create a fantastic song for your meals.
- 1 mackerel fish
- Chili, fish sauce, purple onion, sugar, pepper, salt.
- 1 tablespoon tamarind (like jam but no absorb with sugar) – buy at Vietnamese markets.
- Clean fish carefully. Chop into short pieces. Clean again in water added a little salt in 2 time and clean again with fresh water. Marinate with 1 teaspoon salt and wait in 30 minutes.
- Pour tamarind into small bowl, add 2 tablespoons hot water and mix it well. Filter to get the tamarind water. Throw away the seeds.
- Heat the oil (2 – 3 teaspoons), add minced purple onion and fry until it is fragrant. Next, add sliced fish and fry preliminarily. Next, put on plate added paper napkin to absorb wasted oil.
- Next, add fried fish + chili into clay pot. Add more fish sauce + sugar. Cook in large heat about 5 – 7 minutes.
- Then, pour tamarind water into clay pot. Season with 2 tablespoons sugar and cook with small heat, do not cover the pot if you want to create a fantastic food.
- Continue to cook until the sauce of this food is nearly ran out. Season again to suit your flavor and turn off the heat.
- Sprinkle sliced spring onion before serving will increase the flavor for one of Vietnamese Cuisine.
- Use Braised Fish with Sour and Spicy Sauce like a main dish for your family meal is a good choice.