Braised Horse Mackerel with Pickled Napa Cabbage Recipe
(Cá Kho Dưa Cải Chua) - Braised Horse Mackerel with Pickled Napa Cabbage is also the main dish for family meal. We usually eat it with boiled rice and hot soup.
This fish is really good for health. If you are getting diet, I think you should chose fish than other meats.
- 2 horse mackerel fishes
- 200gr pickled Napa cabbage (Dưa Cải Chua) – Buy at Vietnamese Markets
- Purple onion, chili powder, chili fruits, spring onion, salt, fish sauce, sugar.
1 teaspoon melted sugar
- Vegetable oil.
- Clean fish carefully with water added a little salt. Throw away all inside of fishes. Cut into short pieces. Marinate with 1 teaspoon salt and wait in 30 minutes.
- Wash pickled Napa cabbage in 3 – 4 times to reduce the salty flavor from this vegetable. Cut into short pieces and wait to get dry.
- Now you should not neglect in this step to create one of delicious Vietnamese Fish Recipes. Arrange fishes into pot, add more smashed chili fruits, chili powder (depends on your flavor), 2 tablespoons fish sauce, 1 tablespoon sugar, 1 teaspoon melted sugar, 1 teaspoon salt and 2 teaspoons oil. Share well and gently. Wait in 30 minutes.
- Put on cooking stove and cook with small heat in 10 – 15 minutes. Next, add more sliced pickled Napa cabbage into pot. Pour ½ bowl water and continue to cook until fish absorbs all spices. Season again to suit your flavor and turn off the heat.
- Now, before serving, sprinkle a little pepper and sliced spring onion on face of dish to increase the flavor.
- Eat Braised Horse Mackerel with Pickled Napa Cabbage with boiled rice is a best choice.