Braised Mackerel with Coconut and Pineapple Recipe
(Cá Kho Dừa và Dứa) - Braised Mackerel with Coconut and Pineapple is the dish I want to show from many stunning Vietnamese Cuisine today.
A little sweet and spicy will create a spectacular flavor in your mouth. When weather is getting cold, enjoy this dish with boiled rice is never better. This dish is not only delicious, but also is really healthy for your health, especially for your eyes.
- 2 slices mackerel fish
- 1 slice pineapple
- Coconut fruit
- Spices: fish sauce, chili, salt, chili powder, sugar, pepper, spring onion, onion.
- Clean mackerel carefully. Marinate with 1 teaspoon salt in 30 minutes.
- Clean coconut meat in warm water, slice thinly. Store coconut juice in glass to braise fish.
- Peel off the cover of pineapple, cut off their eyes, slice thinly.
- Put sliced mackerel fish into pot.
- Next, add more sliced pineapple, coconut meat, onion, 2 tablespoons fish sauce, sliced chili, chili powder, 1 tablespoon sugar into pot. Cook with large heat. When it boiled, pour 4 - 5 tablespoons coconut juice and continue cooking.
- Continue cooking in small heat about 30 – 40 minutes after add more 2 – 3 tablespoons coconut juice. Season again to suit your flavor and turn off the heat.
- Before serving, you can sprinkle a little pepper and sliced spring onion on face of dish.
- Eat Braised Mackerel with Coconut and Pineapple with boiled rice and hot soup is always a good choice in Vietnamese Meals.