Egg Noodles with Char Siew Recipe
(Mì Trứng Xá Xíu) - Egg Noodles with Char Siew is not easy, but not difficult if you can concentrate on my instruction to cook one of amazing Vietnamese Cuisine, especially in weekend.
- 700g pork bones
- 20g pickled white radish
- 1/6 bowl dried shrimps
- 1 grilled onion (cut in half)
- 500g pork belly (no bone)
- Dried egg noodle
- Bean sprout, spring onion, salt, sugar, oyster oil, soy sauce
- Purple onion (fried)
- Quail eggs or chicken eggs (optional).
- Clean well pork bones in warm water few times. Boil water, soak pork bones into pot about 3 – 5 minutes and then clean again. Wash pickled white radish 2 – 3 times with water to reduce its salty. Then, add pork bones, dried shrimp (soaked in water 5 – 10 minutes), pickled white radish, grilled onion, 1 teaspoon salt, 4 – 5 bowls water and cook in 2 hours. Sometime, use spoon to scoop away its dirty bubbles to make broth more clear.
- Clean pork belly, marinate with 1 tablespoon oyster oil, 1 tablespoon white sugar, 1 teaspoon salt, 1 teaspoon soy sauce, mix well and wait in 3 – 4 hours.
- Heat the pan, add oil, minced garlic; purple onion and fry until they are fragrant. Next, add pork belly into pan and fry until their faces turn brown yellow. Add more its sauce and 1 bowl of water into pan. Cook until it boils, cover carefully by lib when cooking to help absorbing faster.
- Sometime in cooking, use chopsticks to change meat’s face to make it cook well. Season again to suit your flavor and cook more 20 – 30 minutes until its broth becomes thicker. When pork belly turns soft, turn off the heat and wait to reduce heat, slice thinly.
- Boil water, soak egg noodle into pot and wait in 5 minute or until they are soft. Wash again with cold water; add more oil to make sure they will not stuck together.
- Clean well bean sprout, shallot, spring onion. Slice small spring onion.
- Cook the broth in step 1 about 1 – 2 hours, season again to suit your flavor.
- Finally, you can serve Egg Noodles with Char Siew for your family meal. Before eating, add a little egg noodle on bowl, arrange some slice pork belly, shrimps (optional), quail eggs or chicken egg (optional), spring onion, shallot on top and scoop a little broth. Then, add a little pepper, chili paste, dried purple onion to increase its flavor.