Grilled Crispy Snakehead Fish Recipe
(Cá ngướng da giòn) - Grilled Crispy Snakehead Fish comes from many delicious Vietnamese Cuisine.
After grilled, its skin will be crispy and help to create a spectacular flavor in your mouth.
- 1 snakehead fish (1kg)
- 1 onion
- 1 small ginger
- Fish sauce, salt, sugar, pepper and Maggi’s stuff
Spices to spread on fish’s skin: 2 tablespoons honey, 1 teaspoon oyster oil, 1 teaspoon annatto seed oil
- Vegetables: Salad, cucumber, bean sprout, basil, heart leaves, Asian coriander, Vietnamese mint.
- Vermicelli, rice paper (you should wrap rice paper in banana leaves in 2 – 3 hours before serving)
- Sweet and Sour sauce
- Roasted peanut, smashed
- Spring onion (50g).
- Clean carefully fish in water added salt in 3 – 4 times. Clean again on fresh water and wait to get dry. Slit gently some lines on fish’s body.
- Peel off the cover of ginger and grind well. Use ½ this grinded ginger to apply on fish’s body and wait in 15 minutes. Then, clean again carefully. Use the left of grinded ginger to apply into lines on fish’s body.
- Peel off the cover of onion. Slice fiber and put on aluminum paper. Next, put fish onto this paper as well and marinate on fish skin: 2 teaspoons salt + 2 teaspoons fish sauce + 1 teaspoon Maggi’s stuff + a little pepper. Use your hand to scrape these spices to absorb into skin. Cover carefully and put in fridge, wait for 1 night.
- Next day, open the aluminum paper, pour the sauce from fish into small bowl and apple a little this sauce around fish on its skin. Put on grilling tray and grill from 30 – 45 minutes at 200 degree. Sometime, spread the sauce on its skin.
- Clean and slice small spring onion. Mix with oil and put into microwave in 30 seconds to cook.
- When fish is nearly cooked, change to grill on front heat. Continue to grill in 5 – 10 minutes at 200 degree until fish’s skin turn brown yellow. Take it out of grilling stove.
- Spread mixture of spring onion on fish’s skin and sprinkle roasted peanut.
- Clean all vegetables and slice to suit your favorite.
- Eat Grilled Crispy Snakehead Fish Recipe with Sweet and Sour sauce is really amazing.