Rice Spaghetti Soup with Crab and Shrimp Recipe
(Bánh Canh Tôm Cua) - Rice Spaghetti Soup with Crab and Shrimp is one of amazing Vietnamese Cuisine.
The natural sweetness from crab and shrimps in broth is spectacular. And trust me; you will be me when you have a chance to eat it.
- 1 big crab
- 300g silver shrimps
- 1 bowl tapioca starch
- 1 bowl rice starch
- 2 teaspoons annatto seeds
- Salt, fish sauce, Magi’s stuff, spring onion, chili powder, purple onion
-Clean well crab, put into pot; cover carefully; cook until it is cooked. Separate meat and shell. Mix meat crab with ½ teaspoon salt + a little pepper.
- Peel off the cover of shrimps. Pull out the black lines on their backs. Clean and smash them.
- Pour tapioca starch + rice starch into big bowl, mix them with a little salt. Pour slowly hot water (250ml), use big spoon to stir well. If this mixture is too much water, add more tapioca starch.
- Use hands to knead mixture flour until it becomes soft and smooth. Use wood pestle to roll thinly.
- Use knife to cut into small and long pieces. Remember, you should cover a little tapioca starch around knife edge before cutting.
- Heat 2 teaspoons oil, add annatto seeds into pan and fry about 1 – 2 minutes. Throw away their seeds. Next, add sliced purple onion and fry until it is fragrant. Add shrimps and crab and fry about 3 – 4 minutes.
- Next, pour more 500ml water, cook until it boils. Add noodle into pot, season with 1 teaspoon salt, 1 teaspoon fish sauce, ½ Magi’s stuff and cook until noodle is clear, season again to suit your flavor. Here is the important step to create one of stunning Vietnamese Noodle Recipes from us.
- Turn off the heat and add more sliced spring onion on face of food.
- If you love spices, you can add chili powder/sauté when eat Rice Spaghetti Soup with Crab and Shrimp. Add more some lime drops and Chinese sticks (quẩy) are perfect.