Rice Spaghetti Soup with Fish Balls and Pork Pie
(Bánh Canh Chả Cá Giò Heo) - Fried Fish Balls and Pork Pie. The great combination between pork pie and fried fish balls will create a fantastic broth for one of stunning Vietnamese Cuisine.
- 2 pork pies
- 300g filet fish
- Salt, vegetable oil, pepper, purple onion, fish sauce
- Spring onion, lime, chili
- Making noodle: 1 bowl tapioca starch, 1 bowl rice starch, a little salt
- Pour tapioca starch + rice starch into big bowl. Mix them with a little salt. Pour slowly 250ml hot water and use spoon to stir well.
- Use your hands to knead this mixture flour until it becomes a soft and smooth flour block.
- Use wood pestle to spread thinly.
- Before cutting, apply tapioca starch around knife edge, cut into small and long pieces. Apple tapioca starch around each noodle to make sure they will not be stuck together after cut.
- Heat the water (500ml).Next, soak noodle into water until it is clear. Wash immediately in cold water to make sure they will not be stuck together.
- Make sure it does not have any bone in filet fish. Grind well. Add more sliced purple onion, pepper, 1 teaspoon salt, 2 teaspoons vegetable oil; mix well until this mixture becomes thick and smooth.
- Use your hands to separate this fish mixture into small balls, spread gently. Heat the oil (make sure oil will cover all fish balls), bring them to fry until their color turn brown yellow. Put on plate added paper napkin to absorb wasted oil.
- Clean pork pie well in water added a little salt from 2 – 3 times. Cut in half if they are big. Soak in hot water to clean it well about 5 minutes.
- Heat 2 teaspoons oil, add annatto seed oil to create beautiful color for this dish. Throw away seeds. Next, add sliced purple onion and fry until it is fragrant. Then, add more 3 bowls water + pork pie into pot and cook with a little salt. When pork pie is soft, season again to suit your flavor.
- When serve Fried Fish Balls and Pork Pie, add a little noodle on bowl, fried fish balls on face of food, scoop the broth with pork pie. Sprinkle more sliced spring onion and pepper is amazing.