Suông Vermicelli Soup Recipe
(Bún Suông) - Suông Vermicelli Soup maybe is a strange food for many people in you guys. You can feel the fantastic flavor when eating it.
Eating with fried chopped shrimps will bring an amazing flavor in your mouth. You should eat when it is hot to feel the true flavor from Suông Vermicelli Soup.
- 800g pork bone
- 1 big white radish, peeled and sliced into short pieces
- 1 tablespoon dried shrimp, soaked in 5 minutes.
- 500g silver shrimps
- Salt, pepper, annatto seed oil, Maggi’s stuff, garlic, purple onion, tapioca starch
- 300g half lean half fat pork meat
- Vermicelli, bean sprout, salad, basil, lemon, chili, spring onion, coriander.
- Clean carefully pork bone. Next, soak them into hot water in 3 – 4 minutes. Then, bring to wash again with fresh water. Pour all pork bones into pot, add more dried shrimps, sliced white radish and 4 – 5 bowls water. Cook in 2 hours. Sometime use spoon to scoop away dirty bubbles to create a stunning flavor for one of amazing Vietnamese Noodle Recipes.
- Peel off the cover of silver shrimps, pull out the black lines on their backs. Soak into water added a little salt in 15 minutes. Next, bring to clean again and wait to dry.
- Peel off the cover of garlic, purple onion and mince them well. Add all silver shrimps in step 2 + garlic + purple onion into grinder machine and grind well.
- Next, pour this mixture into clean bowl. Marinate with a little pepper + 1 teaspoon annatto seed oil + 1 teaspoon salt + ½ teaspoon Maggi’s stuff + 2 teaspoons tapioca starch. Mix well until this mixture becomes soft and thick. Use food nylon to cover carefully this mixture and put in fridge in 2 hours.
- Clean pork meat and bring to boil.
- Wait to get cold and slice thinly. Arrange on plate.
- The mixture shrimps in step 4, use spoon to knead again by spoon in 5 minutes. Next, pour it into nylon bag and cut on head of bag. You can see the photo below.
- Filter the broth in step 1 to remove all small bones which can cause a dangerous problem when eating. Use another clean pot, add more annatto seed oil, wait to heat and fry minced garlic until it is fragrant. Pour all broth into pot; add more water if you want. Cook until it boils and season to suit your flavor.
- When this broth boils, use your hands to press gently the mixture in step 7 into pot. The length of this mixture shrimp depends on you. Cook more 5 – 10 minutes; wait until shrimp balls are floated on face of broth and season again to suit your flavor.
- Clean bean sprout, wait to dry.
- Clean salad, cut in half if they are too long. Pick the basil leaves, remove the stems and clean well.
- Finally, Suông Vermicelli Soup basically is finished.
- When serving, arrange a little vermicelli on bowl; add more sliced pork meat on face of food. Pour the broth with shrimp balls into bowl. Sprinkle more sliced spring onion, coriander to increase its flavor. You can add more fried purple onion if you want. Eating with all vegetables I listed, chili paste/sauté, lemon is really amazing.