Vegetarian Crab Noodles Recipe
(Bún Riêu Chay) - Vegetarian Crab Noodles. The sweet taste of the broth comes from many types of vegetables, mushrooms, tofu and other vegetarian food.
- For the broth: 2-3 radishes, 2 apples, 1 pear
- ½ box of soya curd
- 1 tablespoon of soya sauce
- 200g of vegetarian crab stick (you can find this in supermarket)
- 300g of shiitake
- 300g of shimeji
- 3-4 tomatoes
- Fried tofu
- Dấm bỗng (Vietnamese vinegar – you should find at Vietnamese stores to buy it) or sour tamarind
- Rice noodles
- Cockscomb mint, perilla, bean sprouts, or any type of vegetables that you like
- Poireau onion, coriander
- 1 tablespoon of flour.
- Apples and pear are washed, skin-peeled, seeds-removed. Slice them, add into a stove with water, 2 coffee spoons of salt. Stew the mixture for broth.
- Wash the soya curd and let it dry naturally.
- Use your hand to smash the soya curd carefully, add soya sauce, 1 coffee spoon of salt, 1 coffee spoon of sugar and mix them all.
- Wash and mince the vegetarian crab stick.
- Use the knife to really mince the crab stick or use a blender.
- Wash and slice the tomatoes in 6 pieces for each one.
- Wash and remove the root of shiitake and shimeji.
- Wash the vegetables, bean sprouts, poireau onion (mash the white part while mince the green part). Slice the shimeiji.
- Take the fried tofu into a bowl.
- Wash the cockscomb mint.
- Heat up with a little bit of cashew nut oil, fried the white part.
- Stir fry the tomatoes, add 1 coffee spoon of salt, sugar in 5-7 minutes then put the tomatoes in a separate bowl.
- Stir fry the mushrooms (shiitake and shimeji) in 5 minutes then turn off the heat and put in a bowl.
- Pour a little bit of cashew nut oil in the pan, add crab stick in and stir fry it.
- Add the soya curd in the pan, stir fry with crab stick, and mix them together.
- After 5-7 minutes then sprinkle some flour in the tofu surface, mix it.The flour will help to stick the soya curd with other ingredients and flow to the surface nicely.
- You can take the apples and pear in the broth out after it is cooked thoroughly. We will not use this but you can take advantage of it to make a dessert with it. Filter the broth so it would be clear then add the tomatoes, mushrooms, fried tofu in, cook them for 15 minutes.
- Add to the broth a little bit of d dấm bỗng (Vietnamese vinegar) or sour tamarind, use the tablespoon to take the tofu mixture into the broth, cook with small heat so that the tofu can flow in the surface.
- When it is cooked, you will see the tofu on the surface. Adjust the taste then add some minced Poireau onion in. Turn off the heat.
- When serving Vegetarian’s Crab Noodles, you can add some rice noodles into a big bowl; pour the broth in and place all the ingredients in it.
- You can sprinkle a little bit of minced coriander into the bowl and eat it while it is still hot.