Vietnamese Fried Fish with Sweet and Sour Sauce Recipe
(Cá Rán Xào Chua Ngọt) - Fried Fish with Sweet and Sour Sauce is the combination between fried fish with bell pepper and onion.
Using Fried Fish with Sweet and Sour Sauce with boiled rice is amazing, especially in winter days. It will bring a strange flavor in your mouth.
- 400gr Fish fillet (snake head fish)
- ½ green bell pepper
- ½ yellow bell pepper
- 2 tablespoons tapioca starch
- ½ onion, scallion
- Spices: salt, pepper, Maggi’s stuff, sugar, oyster oil, vinegar.
- Clean fish fillet, slice into cubes. Next, marinate with 1 teaspoon salt + pepper, wait about 30 – 60 minutes.
- Clean bell pepper, slice into medium pieces. Peel off the cover of onion, slice thinly. Next, clean scallion, slice small.
- Roll fish pieces in tapioca starch. Use your hand to rub starch all faces of fillet. Then, put them into plate.
- Add a little oil into pan, wait to heat and fry fish fillets. When its color turns yellow and crispy, put them on plate.
- Add oil again into pan, wait to boil, add minced garlic and fry until it is fragrant. Next, add sliced onion into pan, stir quickly about 3 minutes.
Next, pour sliced bell pepper into pan, add a little salt + oyster oil and fry about 3 minutes.
- Pour all fried fish into mixture, fry about 6 – 7 minutes. Next, season with a little vinegar + spices; taste again to suit your flavor. If you want more sauce for this dish, you can add 2 tablespoons water into pan. But you have to pour water before add fried fish. Wait until water boils, add fried fish into pan.
- Using Fried Fish with Sweet and Sour Sauce with boiled rice is perfect in winter days. Before using, add more sliced scallion on face of dish.