Braised Indian Mackerel Fish with Bamboo Shoots
In cold days like today, one hot steamed rice bowl with Braised Indian Mackerel Fish with Bamboo ( Cá Bạc Má Kho Măng ) is so great. Came from many delish Vietnamese Fish Recipes, today I would like to introduce this dish to all you guys.
- 3 Indian mackerel fishes
- 400g baby bamboo shoots
- 1 bunch of spring onion (use ONLY white parts)
- Fish sauce, chili, pepper, sugar, salt.
- Clean fishes with salt and wash again with water. Slice some lines on their bodies, apply a little salt on their bodies and wait in 15 minutes. Peel off the harsh part of bamboo shoots. Boil in hot water to reduce all poition from it. Wash many times with water and wait to get dry.
- Fry quickly in 5 – 7 minutes fish (both sides). Put on plate added paper napkin to absorb oil. Use that pan again, fry purple onion until it is fragrant. Continue add bamboo shoots and fry gently.
- Next, arrange fried fish on top of bamboo shoots. Season with 2 tablespoons fish sauce, 1 teaspoon Maggie Seasoning Powder (or half salt + half sugar), ½ tablespoon chili powder, smashed white part of spring onion, some hot chilies, 1 teaspoon sugar syrup and 1 bowl of water.
- Cook with small heat in 15 minutes, season again to suit your flavour, continue braise in 15 minutes and finish.
- Finally, you already can serve Braised Indian Mackerel Fish with Bamboo for your family meal. Eating in rainy days is a best choice.